Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 30 of 35 Strength Armour, The Belt of Truth

 
lifewords strength to strength series 30/35 
THE BELT OF TRUTH

The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)

 

Here is a helpful daily guide to verbally "put on" Truth like a Belt in a prayer confession. Of course, the key is to live our days in the Truth of God's Word, but I believe we are to "put on" the Armour by renewing our minds to the Word and speaking His Word out loud as a prayer to Him. He has commanded us to put on the Armor, not just as a religious exercise, but yielding to Him in obedience to His Word and trusting that He will help us and teach us. We must be serious about God's Armour if we are to be strong in Him. I "Put On" the Belt of Truth as a daily habit, out loud, with conviction, in a prayer like this one. Every sentence is based on Scripture. This daily practice has changed my life and fortified me.

 

Today I fasten the belt of truth securely around me. I put on the Lord Jesus Christ head to toe, and make no provision for the flesh or plans to fail! I walk in the light as He is in the light; and I walk in the Truth which sets me free, that am born again, a new creation, old things are gone, all things are made new! Lord, help me become a mature child of God who knows my place, position, power and purpose. According to Your Word, You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings and with all things necessary for life and godliness, so I receive it. Because I identify with Your death on the cross, I also identify with You in Your resurrected, eternal life. According to your Word in the Book of Romans, "I've been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live. Yet not I, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave His life for me." I abide in You and Your Word abides in me! Jesus, You are the Lord of my life. You are my Strength, my Wisdom, my Holiness, my health, my life, my All in All! Thank You that You have chosen to live in me and because of that, I am more than a conqueror, victorious in all circumstances. In You, I am an over comer and I will live this day in Your kingdom of love, light, life and liberty. I will live in the truth, obey Your Word, and change this world for Your glory! I believe that I am who the Bible says I am, I have what the Bible says I have and I can do what the Bible says I can do!  I thank you Lord, in Jesus Name.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment