Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 32 of 35, The Shoes of the Gospel of Peace

 
Lifewords strength to strength series 32/35
The Shoes of the Gospel of Peace
The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)

 

BELT OF TRUTH, BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, SHOES OF THE GOSPEL OF THE PREPARATION OF PEACE, HELMET OF SALVATION, SHIELD OF FAITH, SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (WORD OF GOD), PRAYING WITH ALL MANNER OF PRAYER

 

Here is a suggestion for a daily prayer guide to verbally "put on"  the "shoes of the   Gospel of peace". Shoes indicate the piece of the armor necessary live our days walking in the manner and direction God desires. The Gospel is the Good News of Jesus Christ that we are to share with all. This part of the Armour refers to the Great Commission given to us by our Lord. He has commanded us to put on the Armor, not just as a religious exercise, but yielding to Him in obedience to His Word and trusting that He will help us and teach us. We must be serious about God's Armour if we are to be strong in Him. I "Put On" the Armour as a daily habit, out loud, with conviction, in a prayer like this one. Every sentence is based on Scripture. This daily practice has changed my life and fortifies me daily. 

 

Today I put on the shoes of the Gospel of Peace, to walk as an ambassador between God and man, sharing with people everywhere the Good News of John 3:16, that "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever would believe in Him, would not perish but have everlasting life." Lord, ignite passion in me to share your love with those in darkness, who don't know You and are separated from You. I commit my life to obeying Your instructions in Mark 16:15 to "Go into all the World and proclaim the Gospel to everyone", and in Matthew 28:19 to "make disciples of all nations." Lord, help me to live out Your Word in Acts 1:8, understanding that the Holy Spirit gives me power to be a witness for You.  You have made me a minister of reconciliation to rescue people who are in darkness and hopelessness, without Christ. Help me to recognize every opportunity, for the night is far spent, the day is at hand. You have commissioned me to be "salt" and "light" to those around me, help me to live in this way. Holy Spirit, please help me to stay alert, ready to give an answer to every person for what I believe. Help me to never lose my sense of urgency in sharing Christ.  Give me boldness to open my mouth to lead people to new life in You. Today, I lift up my eyes to see the harvest fields and I commit to be a laborer in those fields. I will not be lazy, I will not be asleep, I will not be selfish.  Lord, consume me with Your love for people and the grace to follow your example to "seek and save that which was lost."

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment