Friday, June 28, 2013

lifewords, secret place, 18 of 30, Psalm 34 Promises

Jesus has instructed us in Matthew 6:6  to pray,  and to have a time each day that we go into a private place to pray to Him in secret and He will reward us openly.  Oh the joy of meeting with our King in secret!  In that secret meeting place He will teach us how to worship, how to receive forgiveness for our failures, how to wait upon Him, how to pray. He will transform us by His Word, impart wisdom, love, joy, peace and all we have need of.  He will fill us with Himself. He will show us great and mighty things that we do not know. Today I want you to be greatly encouraged as you read one of the most powerful "secret  place" passages, Psalm 34:4-10.

 

4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

5 Those who look to him are radiant, their faces shall never be ashamed.

6 In my desperation I prayed, the Lord heard me and saved me out of all my troubles.

7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and delivers them.

8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

9 Oh fear the Lord, you His saints, those who fear Him have no lack!

10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

 

I pray this verse will greatly encourage you today!  As you make time daily to meet with the Lord in secret, it will change your life!   This verse declares that as you seek Him, look to Him, cry to Him, worship Him, take refuge in Him, revere Him in the secret place each day,  this will result:

He will ........Answer you; Deliver you from all your fears; You will be radiant; You will never be ashamed; He will hear you; He will save you from all your troubles; He will send angels to encamp about you; He will deliver you; He will bless you; You will have great joy; You will have no lack; You will lack no good thing.

 

And He does all this so that we can experience relationship with Him and bring His love Word and presence to this hurting world and set the captives free in His name. Thank You Lord!

 

2 comments:

  1. These words, and this blog are both precious to me. I just returned home from a 3 week "wilderness" time with the Lord. I went home for a family medial emergency and I stayed at a lodge nestled in the trees of Kentucky, alone in a cabin. I was allured to the wilderness where He spoke tenderly to me. And speak, He did. I cried my broken heart out to him. and He spoke to it. I will forever cherish that secret time with Him. Just today, less than a week of being home from my intimate wilderness experience, I realized that I haven't taken time to be with Him. To listen. I got right back on the "busy train". I asked Him to help me make the time. I simply said, "Help me not fall back on getting alone with You." No more than 5 mins after that simple prayer, I received a phone call from you sharing your heart and this beautiful blog with me. I love GOD SO MUCH. He is crazy, crazy Cool.

    ReplyDelete