Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Pure Heart


 
lifewordslifewordslifewords
Dear Family,  
 
 

A Pure Heart is the topic of today and tomorrow's "lifewords".  It's good to check up on our hearts.  We are to "guard, watch over, the condition of our heart, for out of it flow the wellsprings of life." Prov. 4:23    Proverbs 21:2 is  also a sobering verse. "Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts."  Wow. I want my heart to be right before God.  I don't want to get off course in my own ways. I was thinking earlier about God's desire for us to have a pure heart and awoke this morning with a precious song on my mind.  It's a song that has been around for awhile and I think Keith Green might have recorded it.  It is Psalm 51.  If you call me  I would love for us to sing it together! 760.224.4650.  Here is the verse. Let it be our prayer today. From Psalm 51:10-13

 

Create in me a clean heart Oh God,

  and renew a right spirit within me.

 Cast me not away from your presence Oh Lord. 

  Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. 

Restore unto me, the joy of Thy salvation,

 And sustain me with a willing spirit

 Then I will teach transgressors in your ways

 and sinners will be converted to Thee.
 

Oh that our desire would be for the Lord to create in us a pure, clean heart, wholly consecrated to Him. Remember in Matthew 5:8, when Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."  Don't you want to see Him? I do!  I want to know Him, I want to be consumed by Him.  I'm so desperate for Him. I say, " I want to know you Lord, I  want to see you, I want to hear your voice!, I want to see this world transformed by the power of Your love."  I picture Him saying, "Yes I want that too beloved one, now allow me complete access to your heart so that I can  make my abode there and transform you."   He is the Master Potter. Like John the Baptist, I must decrease, He must increase.  How glorious the Church will become when Her heart is totally one in submitting to Him.

 

 The condition of our hearts today is paramount.  He not only wants us to have a pure heart, but that we would seek Him with our WHOLE heart.  We can't just submit MOST of our heart to Him!  Believe me I have tried!!!!  Lord, how about everything but this one little area?   No, ALL of you for ALL of Me! Psalm 11:2  says "blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart." Our heart condition is so important regarding  being in God's presence.  Psalm  24:3,4  asks the question "Who can ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?" The answer is given. "He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully."  Who can?  Anyone who meets these conditions.....clean hands, pure heart, truth and transparency. 

 

 Let's draw near the Lover of our Soul with a purity of heart.  He wants to dwell in us, consume us, fill us, and be released from us to the precious ones in this world that must be set free by His love and power.  Pure hearts toward Him. Clean hands stretched to the world. Keep singing the song with me.  I love you.  You are His masterpiece. You are His pure hearted beloved.  Amy

We love you!
 
Amy Stoehr astoehr2@gmail.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment