Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pleasing God Part 2 (Lifewords 4.5.11)

 

Jesus gave us this example of a life completely yielded to pleasing the Father in John 8:28-30. 

 

 "I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."

 

I love these Words of our Master. Every  moment of His life on this earth dwelling among us, Jesus only did what pleased the Father. Though He was God, He became a man and lived a sinless, victorious life, yielded completely to the Holy Spirit and in fellowship with His Father.

  

The Amplified translation will really bring clarity:


 
 "I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord-but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide.], and My judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.

Our Savior's life  of "always doing those things that please the Father" is our example!  It is a lifestyle birthed out of time spent with the Father in prayer and His Word and an intentional yielding to His will.  It is all by His grace and the help of the Holy Spirit.

 

A life fully pleasing to God, this is our intentional aim!

Lord, I yield my thoughts, my will, my emotions, my ideas, my ambitions, my words, my relationships, my everything to YOU. Help me to please You in all.

 

You are His beloved and I am praying for you this morning. amy

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment