Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

lifewords Veterans Day November 11,  2010
Hello and I'm praying for you by name. His mercies are new every morning!
Today I want to encourage you that the Lord never leaves or forsakes you. He promised to be with  us until the end of the age. (Mt. 28:20) He is with us now in the person of the Holy Spirit. Remember in John 14:16,17 when Jesus was telling the disciples  of the promise of the Holy Spirit, "He shall give you another Comforter, to be with you always...for He dwells with you and shall be in you." The Holy Spirit is your continual Companion and Helper today! He is closer than the breath you breathe. Our Lord is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.(Pr 18:24) "He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in rouble....therefore we will not fear. "(Ps. 46:1,2) I love Is 43:1,2. The Lord is speaking to the children of Israel words that we can cling to today. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you I have called you by your name; You are Mine.  When you pass throught the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." Nothing can separate you from His  love today!  A similar verse is in De 31:6, "Be strong and of good courage, fear not: for your God goes with you; He will not fail you, nor forsake you." The Lord is with us today.  We can call upon His Name, knowing that He hears us and is with us. Psalm 91:15-16  reminds us, "He shall call on Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, with long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation." I pray you will meditate on these verses today!  Rejoice for the Lord your God is with you!

Remember the incredible price  of freedom and the sacrifices made for us to enjoy it.  It's a  great opportunity to thank our veterans and every military person we know or that we see today. Pray for  our military.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment