Monday, December 20, 2010

Emmanuel God with Us

 
lifewords 12.20.10
 
Hi and I'm praying for you now as the rain falls, thinking of His lavish love for you this Christmas season. I'm praying that the abiding presence of the Prince of Peace saturates you today. Remember His Name is Emmanuel God With Us! According John chapter one, "He is the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the  only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."  Oh this precious Savior who came to redeem us all back to God and extends us the invitation to be His very dwelling place!
 
His desire for us this Christmas season is the fullness of His presence in us and through us. I was thinking of John 1:16, "For of His fulness we have all received, and grace upon grace."  Let's allow the fullness of His Peace to replace anxiety and stress now.  Let's yield to the fullness of His love to dispel fear, selfishness and doubt.  Let's embrace the fullness of His joy. In His presence is fullness of joy (Ps. 16:11) Let's permit the Light of the World to flood us with the fullness of His light! Remember John 1:4, "In Him is life, and the life is the light of men." Oh how He desires us to be full of Him, grace upon grace! Not full of ourselves, but the fullness of Him.  He is our All in All.
 
Let's commit to allow Galatians 2:20 to become a reality in us this season. "I've been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live. YET NOT I BUT CHRIST LIVES IN ME, and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave His life for me."   This week, let's agree with Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:19 that we may be "filled up with all the fullness of God."  This is the miracle of Christmas, Emmanuel God with Us and in us!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment