Thursday, October 21, 2010

Call

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords
October 21, 2010  CALL

God's Word  is so rich.  It is  His living Word, able to transform us, strengthen us, direct us, uphold us, equip us, chastise us, encourage us. 

Today the Holy Spirit ignited a verse to me that was such a blessing, concerning our  calling upon the Lord. Psalm 145:18 says, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.  He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them."  The promise is,  He is near when we call.  When we call in truth.  He not only hears, but will save us, help us, lead us.  But we must call.  Oh that He would often and continually hear our call throughout the day! He is near.   That reminds me of another great scripture about crying for help in Psalm 119:147, "I rise before the dawn and cry for help. I wait for you words. My eyes anticipate the night watches, that I might meditate on Your Word. "  Rising before the dawn to call upon the Name of our Lord is wise......then He speaks back to us as we meditate on His Word!  Then remember Psalm 138:3? "On the day that I called You answered me.  You did make me bold with strength within my soul."  Our King responds to our call.  He responds to our cry.  What if in the mornings we would begin to call to God with a new resolve, cry out to Him for His presence, for His grace upon our life and our families.  What if we began to every day relentlessly cry to Him to breathe on our churches, to call upon Him for our city and our nation and the lost and hurting people of our region.  What if throughout the days we continued to cry out for His direction and help and leading for our lives, for our children, for our pastors and leaders, for our world.  What if we began to gather together to call upon Him in prayer like never before. We could gather our family to call upon His name. We could gather with other believers.  I tell you He will hear, He will respond.  I am determined to continue to call, and join with others who will cry out to Him. He is near. He is our Help. The Holy Spirit is beckoning us to increase  the intensity and frequency of our calling.

Today's awesome reading
Proverbs 21    Psalms 145, 146        Mark 3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment