Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PRAY FOR OUR NATION AND ITS LEADERS

lifewords

11.2.10

It's election day, a day to vote for our nation's leaders and continue to pray for the plan of God in our land!

 

I also prayed for you this morning! Prayer is incredible. I'm praying for you from Psalm 42,  that you are becoming even thirstier for the living God! Our thirst will keep us desperate for His presence and keep us praying.  Our fervent, effectual  praying avails much (James 5:16) and  keeps our eyes fixed on our Lord.

 

When discouragement, anxiety or pressure threaten to overwhelm you, say NO! Choose to believe the unchanging, living Word of God, and trust in His faithfulness. Don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed!  Your King is faithful!  Remember Psalm 43:5 and ask yourself the question. "Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are disquieted within me?" In other words, why are you anxious.....why are you sad......why are you unmotivated. Before you can answer that question with a thousand reasons, put the next sentence in your mouth quickly!!!!!!  Speak to your soul the next words from verse 5. "PUT YOUR HOPE IN GOD, FOR I SHALL YET PRAISE HIM FOR THE HELP OF HIS PRESENCE!"  True hope in God, sincere faith in God, real trust in His Word have a voice. It's Praise! Oh that much praise and rehearsing of His greatness would be on our lips!

 

Remember Jesus gave this  command in John 14:1. "LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED." Don't allow, don't permit yourself to be troubled, anxious, fearful, doubtful or overwhelmed today. Choose to put your hope in God and praise Him. Rehearse His faithfulness instead of your circumstances! Remember who He is and   praise Him out loud...."Lord I praise you for You are my Redeemer, You are my King, You are my good Shepherd who leads me, you are the Light of the World, You are my Healer, You are my Deliverer, You are the Author and the Finisher, You are Lord over all, You are the Master of Breakthroughs, You are my Refuge, You are my Victory, You have defeated death, hell and all the works of the evil one, You are Faithful and True, Your Word is sure, You never leave me or forsake me, You are my All in All and with You all things are possible......................................................."

 

If you run out of words, open up  to Psalms like Psalm 27:  "Lord You are my Light and my Salvation; Whom shall I fear?  You are the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" or Psalm 106:"I give thanks to You for You are good and Your mercy endures forever!"     Place your hope in God today! Do not be troubled, but cultivate a lifestyle of thanksgiving, praise and worship. Praise  always accompanies true praying.

VOTE

PRAY FOR OUR NATION AND ITS LEADERS
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment