Thursday, February 3, 2011

Renewing Our Minds III

 
 

lifewords 02.03.11

renewing our minds III, Psalms

You are the Lord's beloved today and He loves you with an everlasting love.  His mercies toward you are new every morning.  What an honor it was to pray for you today, knowing He is a God Who answers prayer!  He is faithful! The book of Psalms is amazing! Each morning I love to saturate my mind in its life giving words. As I read and meditate and speak the powerful words of the Psalms out loud, or sing them, it causes my gaze to become fixed on our magnificent Lord. The clamor of my circumstances and all my thoughts concerning the demands of life become swallowed up in the glory of His presence and the reality of the truth of His Word.  Spending time in the book of Psalms each day has been one of the great joys of my life and an anchor to me in every season. I can't wait to fellowship with the Lord in the book of Psalms each morning before the sun rises! Throughout the days, powerful verses from Psalms dominate my natural thinking.

If you read/meditate on 5 psalms a day, you can read through the book each month.  Doing so in the mornings will position you in the presence of the Lord and renew your mind to His majesty, faithfulness and love. Doing so before bed will keep God's Word in your mind as you sleep! Oh never do it because you feel like you have to, for it will just become another item on your checklist!  Be intentional about it, but approach your time in Psalms with great anticipation and joy and invite the Holy Spirit to reveal truth to you. The Lord will minister to you personally, and many times will illuminate a verse that will be a Word for you for that very day!

The Psalms will bring you comfort and strength through trials,  refresh you in desert seasons, help you to trust in His unfailing love, keep your motives in check and help you to praise Him at all times. Be sure to go beyond just reading, but speak the words out loud so you can hear them! Pause frequently to worship and praise the Lord. You may even just begin to sing the words....oh the joy of worshipping the Lord as you declare or sing these words of the psalms to Him. Great strength and joy and hope will come to you.  Then throughout your days, speak the life-giving words to your family, talk about them with those in your life, encourage others...you will be amazed how the Lord will minister to them! Here are three verses from Psalms that will fortify and anchor you today as you meditate on them!  You are so loved.

Psalm 27  The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 91:1,2  He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my Refuge and my Fortress;My God, in Him I will trust."

Psalm 86:10,11 For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God.  Teach me your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your Name.  I will praise You , O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your Name forevermore.  For great is Your mercy toward me.

amy stoehr

390 Mimosa Ave.
Vista, California 92081

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment