Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lifewords, Prayer Series, 12 of 30

Lifewords, Prayer Series, 12 of 30
Waiting on the Lord II


"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord, more than the watchmen for the morning, more than the watchman for the morning."   

 

Especially when there is much to pray about....many concerns, many needs, fears within and fears without, trials abounding, battles raging, impossibilities clouding our faith......it is often the most difficult discipline to practice waiting on the Lord in our prayer time. But it is this time in the secret place of learning to look expectantly to Him,  and being  still in His presence, in awe of His majesty that is the key to an amazing abiding prayer relationship with our Lord. He wants us to learn the art of waiting upon Him.  

 

Sometimes when one of my little ones would get a little too agitated  or worked up, I would have them practice sitting still in a chair and just think about being thankful. They would rather do almost anything else, it was so hard to be still. They would immediately want to tell me all about it and before they could start talking I would say "sh....no talking."   They would say..."but mom I just want to...." No, be still,  I would say, "No talking. Just be still and think and be thankful". They would try to talk three or four more times and I would stop them at the first peep. That would be almost impossible for my son when he was about  five years old.  Soon, his little feet would start swinging. "Stop moving" I would say. Then he would start humming. "Shh, be still" Then he would start clapping his hands or moving his head. Oh how hard it would be for him to be still. Isn't that how we are at times when we come to our Lord in prayer?

 

I think our Father is wanting us to be still daily. We want to talk. We want to fret. We want to explain. We want to complain. We want to bring one hundred prayer requests. But  I believe that the Father says "Worship Me dear child, and  be still for awhile. Think about Me. Wait for Me. Be with Me. Quiet yourself, trust in Me and My Word. Consider my Works. Consider my Love for You and just be still and wait awhile in my presence.  Remember all of my faithfulness to you, and through the generations. Remember Who I AM.  Bring your racing mind in line with My Word. Allow my love to fill you, My Peace to anchor you. I will come. I am here."  

 

Memorize this verse, and  live like you believe it. It is just as true  and alive for you and I today  as it was the day it was written. Read it and meditate on it until you really Hear it as a living promise for you this day.

 

"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who WAITS FOR HIM."  Isaiah  64:4

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment