Wednesday, July 7, 2010

But who do YOU say that I am?

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords 7.07.10

Hello  it's  an honor be able to pray for you this morning. His will for your life is that you would live and move and have your being in Him... like a branch connected to and abiding in the Vine. I pray  that you and I would live our lives according to Galatians 3:20 today. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me." I pray that the grace of our Lord Jesus will be continually with you on this July 7.  Love, amy
 
 
I've been thinking of Psalm 9:9,10 again this morning.
 
"The Lord also will be a Stronghold for the oppressed, A Stronghold in times of trouble.  And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." 
 
Whatever our temporary situation right now, we can rejoice knowing that He is our Refuge, our Strong Tower, our  Shelter!  We must put our trust in Him, but we can only put our trust in Him to the degree that we know Him and know His Name. The Name of Jesus. The Name above every name that is named.  All of heaven and all of earth will bow to that Name in worship and adoration. In His Name is all authority, power and dominion. His Name is love and life and light. Begin to  say His Name out loud right now, where ever you are and begin to worship Him and acknowledge His Lordship in your life and express your love to Him.  Just saying His Name brings His presence!  Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. 
 
"Those who KNOW YOUR NAME will put their trust in You." We must know Him and we know Him through the Word.  He is the Word. Spending time in the Word is spending time with Him. As we pursue His Word diligently and delight in it  day and night as the man spoken of in Psalm 1, the Holy Spirit will reveal Jesus!
 
Remember in Matthew chapter 16 (and also in Mark 8) when Jesus was asking His disciples who people said He was?  They told Him that some people were saying he was John the Baptist, other people thought He might be Elijah.  Some said He could be Jeremiah or one of the prophets. People today still have a lot of strange ideas about who Jesus is!  But then He said to His guys, "But who do YOU say that I am?"  Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."  And Jesus responded," Blessed are you Simon, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven."   From that moment Peter's name was changed and he was never the same.  But what I want to focus on is  that Peter had a revelation of who Jesus was. The Christ. The Son of the living God.  When He did, His life was transformed, His thinking was transformed and His purpose became clear.  Jesus called him blessed.  Jesus said that the Father revealed this to him.
 
I believe Jesus is asking you and I the same question today. "But who do YOU say that I am?"  It's an important question to consider, for the answer will determine how weu live life on this earth. He wants to reveal Himself to us so that we can truly know Him, tell others who He is and live life for His glory.
  He wants us to go beyond what we have heard from others about Him, (flesh and blood, as Jesus said) to really knowing Him ourselves. I invite you to pray this with me every day. "Father, reveal Jesus to me. As  I seek You in Your Word,  I ask You to show me Who You are and who I am in YOU.  I  sincerely submit myself to You, Holy Spirit, as my Teacher. Give me spiritual understanding. I love you Lord. In Jesus Name."  Now expect!  All week "lifewords" will center around the  matchless Name of Jesus.
He is our All in All. 
Through  the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in 40 Days July 7
Day 7/40
Proverbs 7  Psalms 14-16   Mark 7-13
Psalms 1 talks about being in the Word day and night. This reading can be divided into a morning and night session! He will make known to us the path of life. In His presence is fullness of joy! Ps. 16:11 Keep delighting in His Word!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment