Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who did Jesus say He is?

July 15, 2010
lifewords
 
Hello it's an awesome Thursday and I'm praying for you now as the sun comes up over the hills outside my kitchen window. Every day is a new day of His grace. His mercies are new every morning. I love Psalm 34:8, "O taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that trusts in Him." He IS good and the more we know Him, the more we will trust in Him.  I'm so glad we  can put our trust in our God today.  Psalm 34 says we are blessed because we trust in Him! Lord we thank You and praise You and love You. "Our soul waits for You: You are our Help and our Shield.  Our heart shall rejoice in You, because we have trusted in Your holy Name." Psalm 33:21
Through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in 40 Days
Day 15/40
Proverbs 15
Psalms 34-37
Luke 22-24
Who did Jesus say He is 
  
 While He was on this Earth, Jesus our Savior, the Son of God, declared many truths about who He is. Today I want to focus in on a few of these truths. You can be sure that  His Words about Himself will never pass away and they are sure. They are true. This is who He is to you! Meditate on these verses. Look them up and mark them in your Bible. Write them down in your journal.  Put them in your heart, memorize them. Speak them. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to You and then live your life believing that He is Who He says He is!
 
 In John 8:12 Jesus was speaking at the Temple and said,
"I  am the Light of the World; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life ." Every day when you wake up, proclaim these words!  Jesus you are the Light of the Word.  You are my light. I'm not walking in darkness today. I'm walking in Your light. Your light is shining through me to this dark world.
 
In John 6:35 He says, 
I am the Bread of Life; he who comes ot Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.."  and in verse 51, "I am the Living Bread that came down out of heaven.  If anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever."
 
In John 10:14 He says, "I am the Good Shepherd; and I know My own, and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep." 
 
In John 11:25, Jesus says to Martha concerning dead Lazarus"I am the Resurrection and the Life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies."  He is the Resurrection today and because He lives, we live!  There is no death in Him! and the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you this day.
 
In John 14:6 He comforts His disciples with these words. "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." There is no other name.  There is no other way. He is the Truth!  He is Life!
 
In John 15 Jesus says, "I am the True Vine." and  speaks of us abiding in Him and His Word in us. We are the branches abiding in the Vine today. 
 
In John 6:38 He says "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me."
Everything about His life was in complete obedience to His Father. Oh that this would be our heart's cry today. Lord, not my will but Yours. Not my thoughts, but Yours. Not my words, by Yours.  Jesus, Thank You  for  Who You are, the same yesterday, today and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment