Friday, July 2, 2010

Call Upon the Lord

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords    7.02.10
 
 

 I hope you will join me in reading through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in the next 40 days. You will fall in love with His Word even more.  Expect the Word to become alive to YOU.  It will be about 10 chapters a day.  Get your journal or notebook and  write what the Holy Spirit reveals to you and how you will apply it to your life. You will remember what you write and review  and say and apply. For something fresh, try listening to an audio version of the New Testament while you read it. You will be amazed how focused you will be.  Listen to audio Bible while in car, while exercising, while getting ready in the morning, etc. Proverbs 2 is awesome today by the way.

40 Days Through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs

Day 2/40

Proverbs 2            Psalm 3,4,5            Matthew 7-13

Call Upon the Lord

Today's "lifewords" center around one very simple choice that every believer can make that will please our Father greatly.  Daily, we can learn to call upon the Lord, out loud, and He will hear and answer! Calling upon Him, crying to Him, lifting our voice to Him is the necessary condition. We must move beyond hoping.  Hope waits for God to do something.  But I think He is often waiting for us to  do what He has instructed us to do! True faith moves us to Call upon Him. He will hear, He will respond. He will never refuse the cry of His child. Here are just a few of the many scriptures involving lifting our voice to God.  I know they will encourage you to new levels of Calling upon His Name in faith!

First, my favorite verse this month is Psalm 145:18  "The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth." When we call, in sincerity with a pure heart, He is near. And if He is near, all is well.  Second, it's interesting that finding wisdom and understanding is preceded by our CALLING out! Proverbs 2:3 'Yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek  for it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Third, in our distress, the Lord has given us instructions of what to do....Call upon Him! Psalm 18:6 "In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.  From his temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears." When we feel like circumstances are pressing on every side, we can call upon Him and He will answer.  Just like a good earthly parent, He will never refuse His child's cry for help. Psalms 3:3-4 "But  you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and lifter of my head.  I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill." We can be sure He hears our cry! Psalms 4:3 says, "But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself, the Lord hears when I call to Him." I love Psalm 5 concerning calling upon Him in the morning.  Psalm 5:1-3  "Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my groaning.  Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for unto you do I pray.  Oh Lord, in the morning you hear my voice: in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch." Our King has given a way that every single person can be saved from the enemy.....Call upon Him! Psalm 18:3  "I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."

Psalm 140 is so encouraging today. Spend time with Him.   He will HEAR OUR CRY.   He will draw us up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set our feet upon a rock. He will make our steps secure.  He will put a new song in our mouth, a song of praise to our God! Whether you are an expert Bible scholar, or just learning God's Word, or know how to pray well or just beginning to know how to pray, if you are young or older, whether you are quiet or loud, whoever you are, all can do this.  We can all Call upon our living God today. Whatever your situation, you can Cry to the One who hears and answers.  Whatever the situation in the lives of your loved ones, you can CALL. Concerning the situation in our land, we can CALL! Concerning the Church of the living God, His Body and His Bride, we can CALL. Get into the habit of crying out to Him.  Let Him hear your voice on purpose. Call upon Him in Faith. Lift your voice to Him.  He will hear the cry of His children and He will respond. It is the cry of Faith to an all powerful, loving Father. It is the call of Faith to the One to whom nothing is impossible. Call!  Cry!  Lift your voice! And rejoice today, beloved one.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment