Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fixing Our Eyes on Jesus

lifewordslifewordslifewords

october 19, 1010  fixing our eyes on Jesus

This morning Psalm 121 is so encouraging. "I will lift up my eyes to the Lord, from Whom comes my help.  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber." Here is the truth.  The direction of our gaze, determines the direction of our life. We  can choose to look at our temporary circumstances, our fears, our concerns......... or we can choose to fix our eyes on our God and His Word. He is the Author and the Finisher of our faith.  He is the Lord of All.  He is our Help today. He is the Maker of Heaven and Earth and nothing is too difficult for Him!  All things are possible in Him.  

This morning I'm making a decision on purpose to fix my gaze upon my King. My Lord. My Provider.  My Healer.  My Redeemer.  My Rock.  My Help. My All in All.  The only way to do that is to spend time in His Word.  Time in prayer continually. This is the life He is calling us to.  We must understand we are in a daily spiritual war.    One tactic of our enemy, the deceiver, according to the book of Daniel, is to wear out the saints of the most high God.  He is exposed.  He is powerless. He is defeated.  Let's not be weary today, but find refreshing and strength in our God.  Let's be strong in Him and the power of His might.  Where is your gaze. What are your eyes looking at? Our Help comes from the living God, Let's look to HIM and rejoice!!! Let's  cultivate a lifestyle of fixing our eyes on Him, making His Word our delight, practicing abiding in Him and fellowshipping with Him in prayer.  

Dear ones, let's remember what God told Joshua in Joshua 1:7,8  to be strong and  courageous and to meditate on God's Word day and night and not let it depart from our mouth, for then we will make our way prosperous and have good success.  Let's meditate on the Word, speak the Word, obey the Word, fixing our gaze upon Jesus who is the Word made flesh. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment