Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Soul Thirsts for the Living God

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords
October 26, 2010  my soul thirsts for the living God

Just finished praying for YOU, knowing that our God is a God who hears and answers prayer.  Prayer is amazing. The Name of Jesus is powerful.   Remember in Matthew, Jesus instructs us to pray for His will to be done on earth AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. We can  literally bring the will of God into our lives through prayer.The forces of darkness arrayed against us are pushed back through prayer. Wow.

Thinking about Psalm 63, thirsting for God and seeking after Him.  My dear husband shared with me yesterday something cool about three "thirst" psalms.  Psalm 42, 63 and 84.  He noted that these are easy for him to always remember because the last numbers are 2,3, and 4. And I added that the first numbers are easy to remember because they are 4, 6, and 8. Anyway..... Psalm 42,63 and 84 can be remembered like a THIRST football play! 42! 63! 84!  I was just calling out the numbers now and I know I will never forget them.  God's Word is so amazing.  Each of these psalms is 21 chapters apart. Anyway, you will be greatly encouraged as you read these three psalms together today!

The degree of our thirst will determine the degree of our seeking after God.  The degree of our seeking after Hill will be the degree of His presence in our lives. Oh Lord, that we would be thirsty for YOU, for YOUR WORD and FOR YOUR PRESENCE! Could we cry out with the Psalmist today? Psalm 42: "As the dear pants for the water brooks, so my soul thirsts for God, for the living God."  Psalm 63: "Oh God You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is not water, So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory." Psalm 84: "How lovely is Your dwelling place Oh Lord of hosts!  My soul longs, yes even faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."  You will be greatly encouraged as you read these three psalms all the way through and meditate on them today. Each day we must ask ourselves this question.  Am I thirsty? God will respond to the thirsty person.  A thirsty person is desperate for water. Oh that our thirst for the living God would intensify our pursuit of Him. He will meet us in His Word, in prayer, in worship, in our abiding in Him. I want to become thirstier for Him and for the reality of His presence in my life, in His Church, and in our land. He is the Living Water.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment