Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 31 of 35, The Breastplate of Righteousness

lifewords strength to strength series 31/35
THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)

 

BELT OF TRUTH, BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, SHOES OF THE GOSPEL OF THE PREPARATION OF PEACE, HELMET OF SALVATION, SHEILD OF FAITH, SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (WORD OF GOD), PRAYING WITH ALL MANNER OF PRAYER

 

Here is a helpful daily guide to verbally "put on"  the righteousness that comes from the Lord like we would put on a breastplate of protections. Of course, the key is to live our days clothed in Righteousness, but I believe we are to "put on" the Armour by renewing our minds to the Word and speaking His Word out loud as a prayer to Him. He has commanded us to put on the Armor, not just as a religious exercise, but yielding to Him in obedience to His Word and trusting that He will help us and teach us. We must be serious about God's Armour if we are to be strong in Him. I "Put On" the armour as a daily habit, out loud, with conviction, in a prayer like this one. Every sentence is based on Scripture. This daily practice has changed my life and fortifies me daily.

 

Today I put on the righteousness that comes from Christ alone as a Breast Plate of protection. I humble myself and ask You, Lord, to reveal areas of sin, disobedience or unrighteousness in my life. I confess my sins to You now, knowing that through Christ's cleansing blood, I am washed from every transgression and made pure in Your sight. I trust in 1 John 1:9, that as I confess my sins to You, You forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. Through faith in Jesus Christ I receive forgiveness and cleansing from all sin. Not by any works of my own, but by faith in Your living Word and the power of Your Blood, I thank you that I have a right relationship with You. Help me to walk in obedience to Your Word. Because Your Word says that I am accepted in the Beloved, I now can enjoy freedom of fellowship with the Father, Son and precious Holy Spirit. Because You, Lord have clothed me with Your righteousness, like a robe, I will live free of all guilt and condemnation, free in my Father's Presence! I yield myself to the Holy Spirit, and ask You to fill me afresh with Your presence and empower me to live righteously. By faith I put off my fallen old sin nature, and I put on the new nature of a born again child of God. I hunger and thirst to be and do right, and am filled with all the fruits of right living-my life an honor to Your Name. I will not fear death or any other enemy, but will be as bold as a lion. Lord, thank you that I can stand in Your presence with no fear, forever free to serve my Lord Jesus. Thank you that You have clothed me with Your righteousness as a Breastplate, protecting my heart and life.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment