Monday, May 21, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 35 of 35, The Sword of the Spirit



lifewords  strength to strength series 35/35 
The Sword of the Spirit, which is
The Word of God

 
The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)
Oh the strength we have in God's Armor as we clothe our selves daily! In addition to the Belt of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Gospel Shoes of Peace, the Shield of Faith and the Helmet of Salvation, we are instructed to take up the "Sword of the Spirit" which is the Word of God. The Word of God is the believer's most powerful peace of weaponry, being both defensive and offensive. With God's inspired Word we protect ourselves in spiritual warfare and also defeat that which opposes Christ and push back the forces of evil. This is not the only time we see the Word in association with a Sword..... in Hebrews 4:12, the Word is described as "sharper than any two edged sword, to the dividing of soul and spirit" also in Revelations we see Jesus described in verse 1:16 with a "sharp two-edged Sword coming from His mouth." We must "take it up" daily and continually, meditating on it day and night (Psalm 1) "Taking up" the Sword means open it up, read it, meditate on it, study it, ponder it, speak it, pray it, handle it, use it, rely on it, practice it, become skilled in its use, declare it! Remember that it is the Sword of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. He is the Teacher in all things concerning the Word. Here is a suggestion a guide, of how to "take up the Sword of the Spirit" daily in prayer.

Lord, today I take up the Sword of the Spirit, Your living Word. Thank You for the Bible, I believe every chapter and verse of it! I have faith in Your Word and I believe that it is full of life and power in me today, cleansing me, sanctifying me, maturing me, and transforming me. Help me, by Your grace, to keep Your Word as the priority of my life, careful to hide it in my heart. Your Word is forever established and unchanging, I trust in it more than the temporary situations I can see with my natural eyes. Lord, you have defeated all the works of the evil one. I will use Your Word as a weapon to intentionally enforce that victory. I will follow your example in speaking to the storms, "Be still, in Jesus Name" and to the mountains, "Be removed, in Jesus Name," and to those things that are bound, "Be loosed, in Jesus Name." Jesus, You are the Head of the Church, I am the body You live in on  this Earth, teach me how to completely obey Your Word. Holy Spirit, You are my Teacher in all things concerning the Word and I yield to You. Lord I ask as Your child, that You would help me become skilled, strategic, wise and strong in the use of this Sword. Help me to pursue Your Word with relentless passion, speak Your Word with conviction and obey Your Word with resolve. Help me to live the moments of this day courageously lifting high the Sword that You have given to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment