Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 33 of 35, the Shield of Faith

 
lifewords  strength to strength series 33/35 
The Shield of Faith
 

The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)

 

BELT OF TRUTH, BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, SHOES OF THE GOSPEL OF THE PREPARATION OF PEACE, HELMET OF SALVATION, SHIELD OF FAITH, SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (WORD OF GOD), PRAYING WITH ALL MANNER OF PRAYER

 

 

Ephesians 6:16 says......"in addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."  We must take it up, lift it up around us, knowing that our enemy is targeting flaming arrows at our lives daily. So, faith is like a protective shield. It has the power to render the evil one, the devil, powerless.  Here is a suggested daily prayer to add as you develop the habit of "putting on the whole armour of God". Best when said out loud!!!!!

 
Today I lift high my shield of faith, which extinguishes all the flaming arrows of the devil.  I look away from myself and unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith.  Lord, help me to walk by faith, and not by the way things look or feel.  Inspired by Your great love, I will not quit or draw back in fear, but I will put my trust in You. I am  not discouraged by what I see with my natural vision,  but I am encouraged by what I know from the truth of Your Word. Your Word says that without faith it is impossible to please You, so I trust in You by faith today!  By Your almighty power and Your absolute integrity to Your Word, I am fully persuaded that  You are Greater than every attack or circumstance! Your Word says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Today, I will make Your Word my priority so that my faith can grow and develop.  I believe that Your Name is the Name above all Names. You are Lord over all. Help me to speak words of life, love, faith, truth and blessing.  Lord help me to develop  the kind of faith that the men and women of Faith, who are our examples mentioned in Hebrews 11 possessed, and who accomplished impossible things for Your glory. Today I will  hold up faith like a shield.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment