Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 34 of 35, The Helmet of Salvation

lifewords strength to strength series 34/35
The Helmet of Salvation
 
The Command: Put on God's complete armor of a heavy armed soldier, so as to be able to successfully resist all the devil's methods of attack; to stand up to and keep your position against all the strategies, tactics, intrigues, cunning schemes, tricks and deceits of the Evil One (Eph. 6:11)

BELT OF TRUTH, BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, SHOES OF THE GOSPEL OF THE PREPARATION OF PEACE, SHIELD OF FAITH, THE HELMET OF SALVATION, THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (WORD OF GOD), PRAYING WITH ALL MANNER OF PRAYER.

According to Psalms 18:30, It is God who girds us with strength for the battle! He is a Shield to all who take refuge in Him! Paul, led by the Holy Spirit, writes to every believer in Ephesians 6, that in regard to the spiritual battle that rages around us daily, we are to STAND, having put on the "spiritual armor" and weaponry of our Lord. We understand that every soldier serving in our wonderful Armed Forces prepares for battle to protect himself or herself from enemy warfare, and every soldier is equipped with specific weaponry to be used against the enemy in order to win the fight. As believers we must spend time every day in spiritual preparation so that we will be protected and armed to be victorious against our enemy whose aim is to steal from, kill and destroy. It is a real war, fought with spiritual weaponry, for our battle is not against flesh and blood but against a demonic host. The good news is that the battle has already been won by our Commander in Chief, our Savior whose finished work on the Cross and Victory over every work of the enemy, including death itself, secured victory for all who believe. His is the Name above every name that is named! But we must enforce that victory and understand the battle that still rages against the people of God and God's purposes in the earth going forward. We must step into our place daily, not asleep, not unaware, and not self absorbed, but spiritually equipped to live in victory and set others free by the power of God's love.

So the Helmet of Salvation speaks of two things. First, a helmet protects the head, the mind, our thought life. Second, Salvation speaks of life, redemption, rescued, wellness, wholeness, deliverance. The Helmet of Salvation is an essential piece of the Armor that we "put on", making a decision to take our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ, transformed by the Truth of God's Word. Here is an example of one way to "put on" the helmet of salvation daily, out loud!

Today I put on the Helmet of Salvation. I will renew my mind with God's Word, meditating on it day and night. I am committed to hiding the Word in my heart, so that I will have the mind of Christ, a spiritual mind that seeks to please God. Lord, help me to not be carnally minded or double minded, because your Word says that a double minded man or woman is unstable in all their ways. Help me to direct my thoughts according to Your Word. I refuse to worry or to be anxious today, but commit to pray about everything and take my thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. I resist all fear, doubt and unbelief! I will cast down every vain imagination and lie that would attack my mind and, on purpose, I bring my thoughts and attitudes into agreement with the Word of Truth. Lord help me to see every circumstance in my life in light of the salvation that You have purchased for me. I will be disciplined to guard what comes into my mind, through my eyes and ears. Help me to think on things that are praise worthy. Lord, thank you that you are my Salvation, and You will keep my mind in perfect peace because it is fixed upon You.

No comments:

Post a Comment