Friday, March 16, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 11/30 Strength in Waiting

 
lifewords strength to strength series 11 of 30 
 
Friday, March 16, 2012

Today I want to share a precious truth with you about the strength we receive from our Lord by waiting in His presence. Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing! It's easier for me to be doing something than waiting! But as we come before the Lord with humility, knowing that it is only from Him that we receive what we need, it is the greatest act of Faith. We can ask the Holy Spirit to help us to learn the art of waiting upon Him, daily and during the course of our days. He will refresh us with His presence, impart HIS STRENGTH, deposit courage and download wisdom. Meditate on these verses today, say them out loud:

 

 Psalm 25:4-5. "Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for on you I wait all the day long,..."

 

 Is 40:29-31 "....but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

 

Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry; He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."

 

Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him...."

 

So many times I want to do all the walking and the running and then rest afterwards! But we can't get this out of order. We must learn to wait, listen and be still FIRST.  Oh How He delights for us to wait upon Him, with our Bibles open, our hearts open, trusting Him like a little child on the lap of her loving daddy or mama. There is strength in the waiting. There are times for us to call, to pray, to talk, to praise, to do........but there must be proportional times of waiting, listening, and being still in His presence. .

 

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."The word implies looking to....with confident expectation. I want to learn to be still and know that He is my God. He is the God of my family, of His Church, of our land...He is God over every circumstance in our lives. He is the Captain of our Salvation, who will provide courage and strength for this journey, for the battle that rages about us. He will supply all, as we learn to WAIT. Teach us Lord, how to wait upon You.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment