Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 18 of 30

 
lifewords  strength to strength series 18/30 
FBI

the great exchange,
our weakness for His strength

Yesterday's lifewords focused on how our place of greatest weakness is an opportunity for us to completely rely on God's strength. Today I want to share these amazing words from Watchman Nee which help us to understand 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 even better.

 

"God's means of delivering us from sin is not by making us stronger and stronger, but by making us weaker and weaker. That is surely rather a peculiar way of victory, you say; but it is the divine way. God sets us free from the dominion of sin, not by strengthening our old man but by crucifying him; not by helping him to do anything, but by removing him from the scene of action."- Watchman Nee

 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, 

for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' 

Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, 

that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, 

in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. 

For when I am weak, then I am strong."   

 

Don't give up  or get discouraged because you feel weak or inadequate. You are at  just the right place!! Understand that this is the moment that you can  choose to submit to the process designed by God in your life for you to decrease so He can increase! Your weakness will be the very opportunity for His victory. In your weakness, He is strong.  In your weakness, His strength is made perfect.  Your weakness is the perfect condition for His strength to abound. Real cool.  I love it.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment