Monday, June 28, 2010

God's Word is alive

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords 6.27.10  
 Dear Family,  
Its a beautiful Sunday.  Our Lord is worthy of all our praise.
I just never get tired of Psalm 1! This is you! I prayed for you today. I pray you are delighting in God's Word day and night,day and night, day and night.
 

 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,  nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the  seat of scoffers!   But his delight is in the law of the Lord.  And in His law he meditates day and night.  He will be like a tree planted  by rivers of water which yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither;  and in whatever he does, he prospers. 

 
I  was noticing something really cool about God's Word
in the Book of Acts.
We know God's Word is alive.  It is His living Word.
It is able to build up, transform, divide.
And in Acts it's so interesting to see that
the Word of God was increasing
Then it speaks of the Word of God multiplying
And  it also refers to the Word of God prevailing.  
 Think about those words in relation to  renewing our mind and delighting in God's Word like the person referred to in Psalm 1.
 I believe that the Word can increase in our mind as we spend time in it, meditate on it and obey it daily.
As we study the Word,
the Holy Spirit can cause it to multiply
 so that it becomes more real  to us than our circumstances.
Lately I've been noticing that the more time I spend in God's Word,
it is literally beginning to prevail in my mind. 
By this I mean that I have more scripture verses flowing through my mind than natural thoughts. 
Instead of thinking about situations, 
limitations, trials,or doubts,
the Word of God is displacing these
and  the Lord is filling me  with faith, joy, peace and love.
God's living Word is awesome! I pray it is increasing, multiplying and prevailing in your mind and in your life.
You are His beloved, never forget it. 
You can be sure I will be praying for you in the morning when it
is still dark! amy 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment