Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I must decrease, He must increase Part II

 
lifewordslifewordslifeswords July 14, 2010
It's a wonderful Wednesday and I prayed for you this morning. Have a great day decreasing so He can increase!  Love, Amy

 

I must decrease, He must increase    Part II                     
 
 A dear friend send me this beautiful hymn yesterday after reading the "lifewords" on us decreasing and Jesus increasing in our lives.  It is one of his favorites, and although I have never heard it I was immediately impacted by the precious words.  I know you will love it also.  I pray it will be life and encouragement to you this day beloved one. And thanks to Dennis for sending it!
 
 
None of Self and All of Thee  Hymns, #435 
 
   Oh, the bitter shame and sorrow,   
  That a time could ever  be,   
 When I let the Savior's pity   
Plead in vain, and proudly answered,   
All of self, and none of Thee,   
All of self and none of Thee.  
 
   Yet He found me; I beheld Him   
Bleeding on the cursed tree;   
 Heard Him pray, Forgive them, Father,   
And my wistful heart said faintly,   
Some of self, and some of Thee,   
Some of self, and some of Thee.    
 
  Day by day His tender mercy,   
Healing, helping, full and free,   
Sweet and strong, and ah! so patient,   
Brought me lower while I whispered,   
Less of self, and more of Thee,   
 Less of self, and more of Thee.    
 
  Higher than the highest heavens,   
Deeper than the deepest sea,   
Lord, Thy love at last hath conquered;   
Grant me now my heart's petition,   
None of self, and all of Thee,   
None of self, and all of Thee.
COPYRIGHT protected   
 
 Through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in 40 days
 Day 14/40
Proverbs 14 Psalm 30-33  Luke 17-21
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment