Lifewords strength to strength series 2 of 30...3.2.12
Strength to strength series 2 of 30
"Jotham grew strong
because he resolutely lived in the presence of God."
2 Chron 27:6
Jotham, Uzziah's son, was 25 when he became King over Israel and he ruled well for over sixteen years. We learn of him, his daddy and his son in 2 Chronicles chapters 26 and 27. During his reign he was real busy. He built the gate of the House of the Lord, fortified the walls, built cities, towers and fortresses, and fought and won wars for God's glory. His life was marked by his obedience to the Lord and his determination to live in His presence and order his ways before Him. He became strong with God's strength because He obeyed God and honored Him in all. He ordered His ways to please God. As he decided to obey God, God strengthened Him with His strength. Simple. Let's do it. Remember 2 Chron 16:9, which says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole Earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are loyal to Him." Another translation says that those who are committed to His ways, He will strengthen. Let's learn from Jotham to be intentionally resolute in yielding our will to God's Word and His leading. Make up your mind right now to obey God, submit your life to His Lordship and delight in His presence. He will exchange your weakness for HIS strength. God's strength is available to us in abundance as we learn to "resolutely live" in His presence.
Here's ten applications of how to set our course to do that, starting today!
1) Make God's living Word your daily priority above all
2) Cultivate daily lifestyle of much thanksgiving, expressed praise and sincere worship
3) Commit to much prayer, learn to pray well
4) Practice intentionally abiding in Him, yielding your will to His
5) Put a guard on your words
6) Develop a hatred from sin, compromise, passivity and cold love
7) Humble yourself, Repent often, receive forgiveness and cleansing
8) Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to live in God's presence and obey Him
9) Decide to obey God in storm or calm, in battle or peace, convenient or inconvenient
10) Be alert, keep your sense of urgency, your eyes fixed on our King