Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lifewords strength to strength series 10 of 30..3.15.12

 
lifewords strength to strength series 10 of 30 
 

Thursday March 15, 2012

Psalm 119 is a very powerful meditation that will strengthen you in your journey this week.  I have discovered that the Lord daily strengthens me and revives me and rescues me from my anxieties as I meditate on His Word and delight in it.   Bring your Bible with you into your place of prayer and allow His Word to strengthen you, guide you, refresh you and infuse your prayer with power and faith.

David knew what it was like to feel overwhelmed, in need of strength.

Psalm 119:25 says
"My soul cleaves to the dust; 
Revive me according to Your Word. 
Teach me Your statutes, Make me understand the way of Your precepts, 
so I will meditate on Your wonders.  
My soul weeps because of grief; 
Strengthen me according to Your Word"

Even though we might feel on the inside like we are cleaving to the dust, overwhelmed or sad, the Lord will strengthen us today as we spend time in His living Word. As we meditate on God's Word, it will become the inspiration for our praying. Andrew Murray is one of my favorite authors and mentors.  He developed an intense prayer life heavily saturated with the Word of God. This morning I've been thinking about what he said about prayer and God's Word. 

"Little of the Word with little prayer is death to the spiritual life and strength of a believer.  Much of the Word with little prayer gives a sickly life.  Much prayer with little of the Word gives more life, but without steadfastness. A full measure of the Word and prayer each day gives a healthy and powerful life.  Our prayer time, no matter how intense, is never truly complete without the divine nourishment available only form God's Word.  The Word of God is the Christian's true prayer book.  It is our guide and foundation to effective praying. To neglect God's Word is to neglect God's power." Our Lord will revive us and strengthen us this day through meditating on  His living Word and prayer.I'm so thankful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment