Monday, September 20, 2010

Prayer that the Lord hears

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords   Monday 9.20.10
 
It's an awesome Monday and I'm praying for you now. Prayer in the matchless Name of Jesus is so powerful.  He said ask, so I'm asking! Completely expecting to receive.  I pray today's "lifewords" will  help you and strengthen you for the journey.  You are loved and highly favored by our Lord. Keep abiding!  amy
 
 
 
 I'm so thankful for prayer.  Our Father has established prayer to be the method whereby His will and plans are accomplished in earth and in our lives. Oh how magnificent that the Holy Spirit  co-labors with us in directing our praying. I believe every one of us can learn to pray well, with child like faith and in the authority of the Name of Jesus.  Jesus said we are to pray to the Father in His Name. The Lord wants us to grow up in the area of prayer and realize that effective praying has conditions.  One is the condition of our heart.  Oh this will help us today!
 
Psalm 66:18 reveals a  hindrance to prayer.  "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear." In other words, if I have unconfessed sin, an unrepentent heart, the Lord is not even hearing my praying!  Forget about it.  But the good news is that if we humble ourselves before God, bring our failures, our sin before Him,  we can receive His forgiveness according to 1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  How liberating! How awesome! We have an Advocate with the Father  who purchased our forgiveness! I'm so thankful to be able to continually repent of my mistakes and receive forgiveness and cleansing!!! So, when we approach the Lord in prayer, it must always be with humility asking Him to reveal areas where we have missed it, then a willingness to acknowledge and repent of sin.   This is paramount.
 
 
 Don't allow your failures to keep you out of God's presence, or keep you from praying! Run to Him with all your failures and receive forgiveness and cleansing and go forward by His grace. Repentence is a great thing. Cultivate a habit of it. And once you are forgiven, your failures are forever under the blood. You don't have to keep feeling like you have to pay for your mistakes, He already did.   Let's allow the light of God to penetrate areas of darkness in our hearts and bring those areas to our loving Savior who will walk us out into victory. When we bring our failures to the precious cross to be covered by the blood and receive forgiveness, we can rejoice in reading Psalm 66:19- "But certainly God Has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His lovingkindness from me. "  Blessed be the Lord forever.
 
Oh Lord I humble myself before you. Search my heart, reveal sin, reveal areas of my carnal nature still clinging to me, reveal areas where self is still on the throne of my heart. I confess these things before you.  I repent. Thank you for your blood. I receive Your forgiveness now. Cleanse me of all unrighteousness. Fill me afresh  with your presence. Thank you for your grace that I can go forward in the victory that You purchased for me when You died on the cross and rose again. Holy Spirit I welcome you as my continual  Companion and Helper today.  I love you Lord.
Through the Gospels, Psalms and Proverbs Sept. -Dec.
Today's Awesome Chapters to Delight in:
Proverbs 20      Psalms 40,41       Matthew 12,13
September is the Book of Matthew!  Keep re-reading and meditating!

No comments:

Post a Comment