Monday, August 23, 2010

Abiding in the Vine

 
lifewordslifewordslifewords
08.23.10 
It's a wonderful Monday and what a joy it is to pray for you first thing this morning. My kitchen window overlooks the sunrise each day and every time I see the first glimpse of the dawn I can't help but think of Psalm 19. 1-4
 
 "The heavens tell of the the glory of God.  The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship.  Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known.  They speak without a sound or a word; their voice is silent in the skies; yet their message has gone out to all the earth, and their words to all the world." 
 
His mercies are new every morning! I pray you would know Him more deeply today. Its a brand new day and all things are possible in Him.
 

 

 Abiding in the Vine

I love the entire chapter of John 15,

some of the most incredible words of our Lord.
 

It is so crucial that we learn the lesson of the branch,

that we learn how to abide in Him. 
 

Remember His strong exhortation for us today.  

In John 15:4,5

Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. 

No branch can bear fruit by itself;
it must remain inthe vine. 
Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. 
I am the vine; you are the branches.
If a man remains in Me and I in him,
he will bear much fruit;
Apart from Me you can do nothing
 
 
Let's practice abiding in Him, in His Word, in His presence today! 
Plan now to join us in reading through the Gospels
  from Sept-December beginning Sept 1!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment